Spicy (or not) Smoky Salmon Fiesta
April 08, 2023
Get ready to fiesta with this mouthwatering grilled salmon! The spicy rub packs a punch of flavor with a perfect balance of heat and smoky paprika goodness. Every bite is a fiesta in your mouth, with the tender and flaky salmon melting in your mouth. This dish is sure to be the star of any party, and is perfect for entertaining guests or treating yourself to a delicious and healthy meal. So fire up your Traeger (or fav grill) and let the party begin with this Spicy Smoky Salmon Fiesta
- 1.5 pound salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of chipotle for added heat, if desired
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, brown sugar, and salt.
- I add a pinch (or 2)of chipotle for just a bit of heat.
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towels and place it skin-side down on a plate.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly over the top of the salmon, pressing it into the flesh to help it adhere.
- Preheat your Traeger to 400°F.
- Once the grill is hot, oil the grates and place the salmon skin-side down on the grill.
- Close the lid and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Use a spatula to remove the salmon from the grill, leaving the skin behind.
- Serve hot and enjoy!